11 November 2009

2009 Marine Corps Birthday Ball

Yesterday marked the 234th Birthday Ball for the United States Marine Corps. For those of you who are not military, this event is a black-tie function to celebrate the formation and traditions of the Corps. My husband was deployed for the ball last year, so I was looking forward to celebrating this year with him.

Here's a few pictures from the night -

Photobucket


My husband Patrick is the 4th one all the way down!

Photobucket


I snuck up to get a closer photo of him. He stood without moving for over an hour and 15 minutes - pretty impressive, huh?

Photobucket


Photobucket


This is the table that is set up in honor of those Marines who have passed on. The table is set, but left untouched all night. The wine cup is also upside down to symbolize that they will not be drinking with us tonight.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Here's one of my husband and I that I had a friend take with my P&S.
Photobucket


Happy Birthday, Marines! Thank you to all those who have served, and are currently serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment