20 June 2011

Farnum Family :: Homecoming

Last weekend, the last group from 2/5 finally arrived home. I was SO glad that it worked out that I was able to be at this homecoming - my summer classes started last week, and I unfortunately couldn't make it to another one of 2/5's since it was during the week. Luckily, at least this one fell on a Saturday AND there was daylight (which has been hard to come by at homecomings lately)! I was doubly happy, haha.

I was also super excited to shoot this homecoming in particular. I have photographed a few of 2/5's homecomings last year, and met Cindy there last summer. She is absolutely amazing, and also runs Operation Help a Hero, which helps to care for our military families by sponsoring events like barracks drives and baby showers. She touches so many other military families lives that I was so glad to be able to document her family's homecoming. Just another example of how selfless Cindy is - she hired me not only for her homecoming, but to document other families in 2/5 as well. After the formation was released, my shutter was clicking like crazy for the next few minutes!

Here's Cindy and a bunch of other 2/5 ladies waiting for the guys to arrive.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Poor Kylie! Cindy's daughter was getting so bored & anxious by the time the Marines were almost there.

Photobucket


First homecoming photo I got after they were released from formation :)

Photobucket


Photobucket


Kylie's first hug!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


In between photos of the Farnum's, I ran around and got a bunch from other families.

Love this one.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


And then I went back to Kylie and her Dad - she was just so enchanted with him.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


The whole family together again!

Photobucket


I don't want to totally overload the blog with images, so I tried to limit it :) You can check out more images on my Facebook page!

Welcome home again, Lt. Col. Farnum and the rest of 2/5, and thank you for your service!

No comments:

Post a Comment