04 June 2010

Heidi & Jimmy :: Homecoming

Andddd.....once again, I've been slacking on the blogging! Facebook just provides an instant gratification by uploading the photos directly, and I love being able to tag people. But, you can't necessarily write as much and share the story about the people in the images either.

So, one of the last shoots I've done recently was Heidi & Jimmy's homecoming. If you look back, you can see some of the pictures I took at his deployment in the fall. Heidi is such an inspiration to so many military wives (myself included). She would always have positive, uplifting comments on Facebook, despite the hardships they both endured this deployment.

This couple is just one of those that is so happy together, they glow in eachother's presence. I have honestly been looking forward to Jimmy's homecoming since he left, because I knew we would get some amazing images...and I was right. I have so many more that I could share, but I had to limit it. To see more, you can always check out their images on Facebook as well.

Heidi went to hang her sign a few days in advance. She had flown out from the east coast for this homecoming, and it just kept getting delayed...

Photobucket


This was the night of homecoming, around 1:30 AM when she found out the buses were on Camp Pendleton

Photobucket


Their first kiss was actually through a fence! The Marines were returning weapons and finding bags, but Jimmy found a moment to sneak away and find his wife.

Photobucket


Running to meet him at the gate, and making sure that cute dress stayed in its proper place ;)

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket>


Photobucket


Photobucket


And here's one of Heidi's friend Megan and her husband.

Photobucket


Photobucket


I love shooting homecomings, and it is always such a privilege to be present at these occasions. So happy you are home safe, Jimmy!

No comments:

Post a Comment