09 June 2010

2/5 Fox Company Homecoming

I was up bright and early (actually...it was still dark) to head up to San Mateo for Fox Co.'s homecoming. Normally I attend homecomings to photograph one family's story, but this time I was contacted by Family Readiness to volunteer to photograph the company in general. Also, I've never been to a homecoming where they did formation before letting everyone go.

So, this was a much different scenario than I was used to :) I stood around waiting with the rest of the families, and got to hear all their stories. I wish there were 10 of me so I could have captured every one of their first moments - but when they released formation, all hell broke loose and families were running in every direction. Most of my images were caught within the first 2 minutes, and within 12 minutes or so, almost everyone was gone. Needless to say, they were excited to be home!

It was also great to be able to capture the parents welcoming home their kids. Normally wives hire me, so it was neat to get a different perspective since a lot of parents flew out for this homecoming.

Here's a few of my images - for the rest, you can check out my Facebook!

Photobucket


Photobucket


This concluded this family's 6th (yes, 6) deployment. He had only been home a month last time before he left for this deployment, so I hope he is able to stay home a good long time and enjoy his kids now. They were so excited to have their Dad back home.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Welcome home, Fox Co. and job well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment